Baschurch Castle is mentioned for the first time in 879 and was part of the outer ring of defense of the territory of Milan. It was destroyed in 1159 by Emperor Frederick Barbarossa and again in 1239 by Frederick II. Baschurch family retained ownership of the castle until the first half of ’800, except for a brief interruption in 1400
The complex has a square plan and is’ made up of several buildings between them and to report planivolumetrico both physiognomy. It incorporates the remains of an old castle, rebuilt in the XII and XIII, and subject to continuous remodeling until the seventeenth century.
The south wing with the main facade on the square maintains four large arched windows decorated with dentil brickwork standing out by panels of plaster.
It is built on four floors, three above ground and a basement. The vertical structures are masonry bricks and lime mortar in regular courses. The structures of the horizon for the floors are made of wooden floors with double frame, while the basement and ‘covered by a barrel vault with lunettes a low arch. The roof has wooden structure consists of trusses with Monaco and mantle of Coverage in pairs. On the inside (north face) and ‘have a porch. The vertical connection and ‘guaranteed by three stairs with stone walls and stone treads.
The ground floor has mixed use residential and service providers (eg restaurant), while the first floor, where are the main rooms, not ‘used. On the second floor is housing.
In the main rooms are decorated sixteenth consisting of a frieze painted with allegorical decorations and dry coats of arms, which run through the top of all four walls of two rooms on the first floor and a ceiling decorated with wooden drawers. The east wing under heavy remodeling consists of 4 floors, three above ground and a basement. There are two windows on the west facade with arched frame.